Information & Application Procedure
- Eligible students include incoming new freshmen and incoming new transfer students. All students must have a completed Application for Admission to Bob Jones University on file with the Admission Office or be in the process of completing the application.
- Scholarship recipients must be enrolled as a music major in Bob Jones University. A music major is one studying in the following areas: music performance, pedagogy, music education, or music and church ministry.
- Music scholarships are “merit” awards; financial need is not a factor in determining the recipients.
- Scholarship nominees will have two-weeks after notification in which to accept the award.
- The Gingery-Mack Music Scholarship Fund requires the following:
- Full-time enrollment status at Bob Jones University
- Successful progress through degree checkpoints (Freshman Advisory Exam; Sophomore Platform; Junior Technique Exam; Senior Recital Check.)
- A minimum 2.5 grade point average overall must be maintained with a minimum 3.0 grade point average in music.
- Satisfactory participation each semester in BJU Division of Music ensembles in the performing area for which the scholarship was given. Placement in ensembles is determined by the music faculty.
- Successfully maintaining private lesson study with a BJU music professor.
- Successfully maintaining the Christian living standards of Bob Jones University.
- Continued scholarship help may possibly be achieved by providing evidence of continued musical growth, based on jury results and by recommendation of the performance faculty but is dependent on donation levels to the scholarship program.
- Recipients are selected based on the audition and interview process detailed in “Audition Procedures.”
- Submit materials to:
- To apply for a scholarship from the Gingery-Mack Scholarship fund, you must audition. Auditions are by submission of a high quality video.
- You will perform two selections in contrasting style in entirety from the standard repertoire of your voice instrument.
• Memory is not required for wind or percussion instrumentalists.
• Memory is required for pianists and singers.
• Arrangements of gospel songs are not considered standard repertoire.
• Voice auditioners must sing one song in English and one song in either Italian, French or German. We highly recommend that art songs or arias be selected and that auditioners refrain from using music from broadway or in a pop idiom.
• If you have any questions, please contact us as given below.
- All auditions must be accompanied with the exception of piano and guitar, unless the solo work was written for unaccompanied instrument.
- One recommendation is required from your school or private music teacher. Return the Recommendation Form to the Gingery-Mack Fund.
- Complete the Scholarship Application Form. Be sure to include the short personal essay in which you tell about your interest in pursuing music as a career and the ways in which music has positively impacted your life.
- Include a list of repertoire studied or performed. Pianists and Instrumentalists: please include method and/or etude studies in your list.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions about the audition process: email@example.com
This scholarship has been a blessing to me and was a big part of why I ended up at Bob Jones.